Sunday, April 10, 2011

Good things come in small sizes!

Recently I made these mini-tarts for a workshop I attended. I love the idea of mini treats! I grew up with my mom baking pies, so naturally I was drawn to the All-American idea! However, as an adult I quickly became interested in tarts, which although similar to pies, are a bit more fancy and the flavors usually a little more complex. Mini-tarts are not much harder to make than regular tarts but you need some equipment and supplies. You will need some mini tart tins, aluminum foil, and rice or beans.

The process is very similar to a tart, in that you make the crust and blind bake them before adding the filling. Roll the dough into a large round and cut into smaller peices to fit the tins. Press the dough into the tins, rolling the dough over the edges. Then, take a rolling pin and roll it over the tin to cut off the excess dough. Cover the dough with aluminum foil and fill it with rice or beans. Blind bake according to the recipe directions. The recipes I used were Espresso Ganache Tartlets, Pear Almond Tarts, and Lemon Curd Tarts. I did not use the blueberries on the lemon curd tarts, but I have in the past and this recipe is perfection, especially on a summer day. To top off the tarts I piped on some whipped cream and voila!!! Easy-peasy mini treats that are great for a party.

The best part is that you can make these a few days in advance of your shindig and keep them in the fridge. I have made mini tarts for Thanksgiving but Easter is a perfect opportunity for mini goodness, that way all of your guests can sample all the flavors without guilt!!!! Enjoy!!! Sweet Charity

1 comment:

  1. here from Frosting for the Cause and I will for sure be back! CUTE CUTE and more Cute with a side of YUM.

    ReplyDelete